Wednesday, July 17, 2013

5th email from Verona, Italy

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Well another week come and gone!

Last P Day, Anziano Lovett and I decided to go do some shopping instead of our regular ventures.  In case you didn't know, the missionary dress code has been changed a little bit! Missionaries are now not allowed to wear backpacks! Kind of weird huh? The new missionary dress website is where we found out.  So last week, me and my companion bought side bags.  I'm not gonna lie...I feel rather feminine, but who knows? Maybe I'll learn to like it.  I also bought my first pair of Italian slacks...whew! They're pretty slick!

Well this week had some adventures! Friday I woke up with an upset stomach.  Yeah that wasn't cool because it was the day that we all got to meet President and Sister Dibb for the first time.  We went to the church and we had interviews, but I really wasn't feeling well after my interview...I had to make a trip to the bathroom...then I really didn't feel well after that but I had to persevere!  I sat through a 3 hour meeting.  The first couple of hours, really didn't get much out of it, but I was starting to feel better after during the last hour. For the rest of the day I was kinda achy but I never had to make another trip to the bathroom.

President and Sister Dibb are pretty cool! I'm excited to work with them.  I had a good long chat with Sister Dibb because she's from Preston, Idaho!  Small world right? We talked about the people we know and where we grew up! It turns out we didn't grow up to far from one another.  It's so cool! 

After this long meeting, I was able to go home a take a nap, but then we came right back because...I had to baptize someone! That's right I had my first baptism! I didn't actually teach the man.  The sorelle in our district taught him but because he didn't really know anybody yet, the sorelle asked me if I would baptize him! I was honored!  So I got to baptize someone and it was so awesome! His name is Daniel!

Well not much else happened this week.  But I'm super grateful for my family and friends! Thank you all for your love and support! Ciao!

-Anziano Cody Petterborg


No comments:

Post a Comment