Tuesday, August 6, 2013

July 31st, 2013

Well I just started the first week of my second transfer! I'm not the newest anymore! In fact, the zone leaders told me that I'm not even a trainee anymore!  I'm a junior companion! Woohoo moving up in the world!

So last week for P Day we didn't really do anything fun.  We just bought tools for our bikes and stuff.  So I'd just like to talk a little about the cars I've seen here in Italy.  Most of them are very small.  The most frequent brands are Fiat and Opel and really they aren't that impressive.  But! I have seen Lamborghini and a Ferrari! Both of them were soooo cool! It was the first time I had seen a Ferrari in my life! But I must say the most impressive vehicle I have seen here is a Ford F-150 pickup truck...oh yeah.  You don't see pickup trucks here very often and I was super thrilled! I wanted to run up to it and give it a big kiss! But I didn't...that would have been weird.

So last week we had a baptism! It was a 9 year old boy.  His dad joined the church a couple of months ago and now we are working on the family! It's been so awesome!  Shortly after this boy was baptized, his little sister who just turned 8 told us that she wanted to be baptized next week! Haha we told her that we needed to meet with her some more so that we could teach her, but she will be baptized in the up coming weeks.  It's so cool to have so many baptisms in a short period of time.
So I do have a cool story that I'd like to share that happened this past week.  Anziano Lovett and I were just finishing up door to door work in an area and we were headed to another area.  We realized by the time we got to the next area, we would have to turn around and come back to the park that was nearby.  So we decided to just go straight to the park rather that waste our time.  It was a good thing! As we were coming into the park, we saw one of our investigators coming in as well.  It was strange to see him there because we usually meet with him at a spot 10 minutes away. But we waved him down and he told us that he was coming to the park for a break, because he had been looking for a job all day.  It's strange how the Lord puts the people that he wants you to talk to, right in your path.  We taught him the Plan of Salvation and we set up a baptismal date.  When I began to invite him to be baptized I said, "Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ..." and then I didn't get to finish! He said, "Yeah! Yeah! That's what I want to do!" Haha it was soo cool. But I did finish the question and he accepted enthusiastically. 

Well that was my week! Love you all and I'm grateful for all of your support! Talk to you next week! Ciao!

-Anziano Cody Petterborg

   Zone meeting with the new mission president

No comments:

Post a Comment