Sunday, July 27, 2014

July 2, 2014

Ciao tutti!!
Well another week runs on by.  Kinda crazy how time is flying.  I've only got 10 more months to work my heart out.  Happy 4th of July!!  I don't know what I'll do to celebrate...maybe make hamburgers or something American.

The other day, we didn't have much to do.  In the morning, we called some people.  We were able to contact a less active that we have been wanting to see and he told us that we could come that afternoon to see him.  When we got to his house, you could tell that times were rough.  His house was very scarce of furniture.  He has one daughter who is disabled and can't do anything for herself.  Her lifeline is her dad.  It really touched me.  You could tell just looking at his house that he gave everything he had to make sure his daughter was taken care of.

My companion and I had quite an exciting experience this week.  We were down the road in the mountains.  On one side there were houses and on the other a thick forest of trees.  All was quite when all of a sudden we heard what we thought to be a lion's roar!!  My companion stuck around to fight but I was out of there running at top speed.  When I got ahold of myselft, we looked a little closer.  There was a wild boar and her baby milling around in the bushes.  We stuck around to see what they'd do.  The eventually decided we weren't worth eating and took off in the other direction.  Whew...that woke us up!  Cinghiale...that's how you say wild boar in Italian...

Love you all and have a great 4th of July!  Ciao!

-Anziano Cody Petterborg

No comments:

Post a Comment