Friday, December 13, 2013

December 11, 2013

Well we're getting close to Christmas!  Soon I'll get to talk to my family on Skype!!  That will be awesome!!  Livorno is really nice.  Today was a beautiful day!  I almost didn't need a sweater.  However, when Livorno gets cold, it really gets cold.  Pretty crazy stuff.  Being on the sea, you see lots of different weather patterns.

Well last P Day we didn't do anything...but today...drum roll please...I went and saw the Leaning Tower of Pisa!!!!  It was soo cool.  I even did the stupid thing of taking a picture like I was leaning on it (Picture attached).  While we were there we also decided to go up top.  It was a little pricey...but definitely worth it.  It was really a once in a lifetime opportunity!

Well as far as missionary work miracles, we didn't have a lot this week.  However, last night I was assigned to teach the English class here in Livorno.  We have lots of different levels of English class and I was put over the intermediate class.  I was a litte nervous about having to teach a class by myself, but it actually went really well.  They had letters that they had written and I let them read them out loud and then I would correct any mistakes.  When we finished with this, I opened it up to questions.  They had lots of questions, but they weren't necessarily questions about English.  A lot of them asked about what my role was as a missionary and what I was doing in Italy.  So I got to answer a lot of questions about what we believe and what I do as a missionary.  Maybe the next time one of them gets stopped on the street, they will stop to listen for a bit.

Well as Christmas grows near, I hope you all try to share the Love of Christ with those around you.  I think that would be a great gift to the Savior.  Well love you all!  Buona settimana!  Ciao!

-Anziano Cody Petterborg

No comments:

Post a Comment