Monday, December 9, 2013

Livorno, Italy December 4, 2013

Wow we're already into December!!  That means that I've been a missionary for seven months and I've been in Italy for 6 months.  That's pretty crazy huh?  Well like I said last week, I'm now serving in a city called Livorno.  It's a pretty city.  It's not as cool and old as Verona I'm right on the coast and I can go see the sea whenever I want!  Also, another cool thing about Livorno is that it puts me close to two cities that I have always wanted to see.  Florence (Firenze) and Pisa.  Cool right?  Pictures of the leaning tower coming soon!!  Also Firenze is a beautiful city with lots of cool things to see.  I think I mentioned last week that my new companion's name is Anziano Scott.  He is a really cool guy and a really good missionary.  One of the coolest things about him is that he is from Logan, Utah!!  Cool, huh?  We lived only 30 minutes away from each other and didn't even know it!

For my miracle this week.  Last night after our ward consiglio, the branch president took all the members of the consiglio to a less active member.  Our branch consiglio doesn't have many members but all of them are male priesthood holders.  When we showed up to this less active's house, I think she was excited to see us.  We sang some Christmas songs for her and then my companion gave a spiritual thought.  The moment Anziano Scott finished his thought, this sister burst into tears and told us all about how she is not well right now.  She told us how she is under a lot of stress and just doesn't know what to do anymore.  Our elders quorum president gave some counsil and then he offered for us to give her a blessing.  She accepted.  There was an incredible spirit as all 8 of us Melchezidic priesthood holder gathered around her and put our hands upon her head.  The branch president gave a great blessing of comfort and counsil.  It seemed that this sister needed this visit from us in the exact moment we gave it to her.  I'm grateful for a great branch counsil who is sensitive to the needs of the branch and is open to the promptings of the Holy Ghost.

Well sorry if the email was a little long this week.  I'm super excited to serve here in Livorno.  Love you all!  Hope everything is good there!  Ciao!

-Anziano Cody Petterborg




Me, Arena, and Star
Outside my house in Livorno


Everything is good in Livorno!  I like it here.  Anziano Scott is a rockstar missionary.  It is a realy change in tempo from Verona.  We teach lots of lessons and have several people to work with.  There are almost no Africans in Livorno so I get to speak Italian a lot more.  We've already done two mostras, where we stand out on the street with some banners and a table with a bunch of stuff to hand out.  And we have done an open house of the church, unfortunately only a few people showed up.  I am the senior companion, Anziano Scott speaks Italian pretty well, but he needs a little help here and there.  Our apartement is beautiful.

 I can go to Pisa and Firenze on P Day.  So...everything is great in Livorno!!

No comments:

Post a Comment