Sunday, September 1, 2013

August 28, 2013

Ciao tutti!

Things seemed to have slowed down here in Verona a bit.  We have slowly lost a lot of our investigators unfortunately.  However, it has given us a chance to reevaluate and see what we really want in an investigator.  It has given a chance to kind of start fresh.  So, we have been doing lots of finding work the last couple of days and really searching out referrals from our members.

So last P-Day we decided there isn't much else left to see in Verona...so we really didn't do anything to fun to report.  We just ran some errands and stuff.

This week had a couple of experiences that I would like to talk about.  On thursday, all of the district leaders had to go to a meeting in Milano, including my companion Anziano Lovett.  In our zone, all of the district leaders have brand new trainees who are in their first transfer (I'm in my second) and so all of the trainees had to go some where while their trainers are at this meeting.  Well, that leaves me as the most "experienced" and I ended up in charge of two really green missionaries for the day.  Luckily, we met with mostly Africans that spoke English, but we did have to do some finding work and we had to use Italian for that...it really put my Italian to the test...but it was a really good experience! I really helped me to see where I'm at and what I can improve on.

My other story I want to talk about is a miracle that we had.  A couple of days ago, my companion and I were doing some finding work. While we were out and about, a really prized investigator texted us and told us that they didn't want to meet with us at all this month and that they preferred that we didn't send them text messages every now and then. We were very disappointed but we quickly said a prayer to make sure that we kept up our spirits and we asked that we could find someone else to take their place. The next doorbell that we rang, a lady answered the citofono and let us in. She said we couldn't meet with her right then but she had heard of the church and wants to learn more! She has a husband and two kids and we are super excited to teach them this coming friday.

Well sorry for the really long email this week! Love you all! Ciao!

-Anziano Cody Petterborg

No comments:

Post a Comment