Thursday, September 5, 2013

September 4, 2013

Wow we started September this past week!! That's pretty crazy! That means that I've been a missionary for 4 months!  I've got only 20 left! I better use them wisely. 

So it is the end of the transfer.  Luckily I get to stay here in Verona! I will have to change apartments but I'm super glad that I get to stay in this beautiful city.  Anziano Lovett isn't so lucky...he is being transfered to Ancona.  That is a city much farther south.  I hear that it's pretty down there but the city is a lot smaller.  He'll get to open an area and train again.  Poor guy...good thing he is good at it!  My new companion is Anziano Burton.  I haven't met him yet but from what I've heard he is a pretty good guy so I'm excited for that.  Another 6 weeks in Romeo and Juliet country!

We didn't go anywhere for P-Day last week, unfortunately.  We did go to Lago di Garda today...but you'll have to wait til next week to hear about that!! It was really cool!

We had another slow week...not a lot to report this week unfortunately...however, I would like to share a spiritual thought.  One of my Zone Leaders shared this thought one morning as we were leaving the house.  In 3 Nephi 11, Christ appears to the people living in America.  He is introduced by God our Heavenly Father, "Behold my Beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased, in whom I have glorified my name-hear ye him." Heavenly Father expressed his appreciation for his son as he introduced him.  That could make us think, how would God introduce me?  We are all his children and He loves us very much.  But if he were to introduce you to somebody, would he say "Well, this is So-and-So...he's...well...good luck."  I challenge all of us to take an accounting on where you stand with God.  Alma chapter 5 is a great reminder to us all.  Heavenly Father loves each of His children more than any of us can know.  He wants us to reach our full potential and knows how to help us reach that potential.

Well I gotta get back to work! Love you all! Ciao!

Spent some time with my friends before the next transfer!
Went to Lago di Garda




Made a trip to an Army Base in Vicenza & bought peanut butter and other good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment