Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September 11, 2013

Ciao tutti!

Whew I've started my third transfer here in Italia. Pretty crazy. I am now completely finished with my training as a new missionary and I'm a real missionary now! I got a new companion last thursday. His name is Anziano Burton. He's a pretty cool dude and we've already done great work together. I'm still here in Verona but I am working in a different in a different area and living in a new apartment. It's a great opportunity to learn more about this beautiful city!

So last week for P Day we went to the beautiful Lago di Garda. It is a large lake just north of here. It was so pretty and there is a castle on the shore and ancient Roman ruins. Unfortunately the internet point that I went to won't allow me to attach pictures...sad day. I'll get some sent home eventually.

The other day we met with a man from Sri Lanka that the sorelle had referred us to. He doesn't speak English very well...or Italian. It's very hard to teach him in a way that he understands. We brought a Book of Mormon in Singhala to give to him. After we had explained a little bit about the Book of Mormon, we were very unsure about what he understood. We asked him to read 3 Nephi 11:7 in his language. As he began to read, the spirit filled the room. It was like a light bulb turned on inside his head! We then showed him a picture of Christ appearing to the Nephites and he nodded and smiled as if he now understood everything. It's amazing how the Book of Mormon brings everything to light. Simply reading from it's pages can bring in a powerful spirit, even if it's in a language you don't understand.

Well gotta get back to work! Love you all! Ci sentiamo!

-Anziano Petterborg

1 comment:

  1. We are already big fans of your missionary! Thanks for sharing him! He looks great :) Check him out! www.anzianoburton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete