Wednesday, November 20, 2013

November 20, 2013

Ciao tutti!
Everything is good hear in Verona still.  We found a few new investigators this week and I think the work is really about to take off.  It'll just take a little bit of work of course.

So last P day was a beautiful day!  We went down to a park in southern Verona and we met up with a less active member and played Frisbee.  It was really fun!  And a beautiful day for it!  

So this is my miracle that I would like to report for the week. The other day, Anziano Burton and I were out doing street contacting.  We found an African man who actually stopped to listen to us.  As we were telling him our spill, he actually asked us to slow down a little.  I guess we are so used to trying to talk as fast as we can with Italians, that we didn't really realize that maybe the words we were spitting out were just being recited.  It got my attention and I realized that I need to make sure that I'm treating every person that I meet, as a person.  I think as I try to be attentive to their needs, the spirit will be able to more easily bear witness of the truthfulness of our message.  We did slow down a bit and re-explained our message.  We asked him if we could see him again and he accepted.  We also asked that when he knew these things were true, if he would be baptized.  Like a smart person, he thought about it.  He told us yes...when he knew that our message is true.

Well I think by next week, I will know where I'm going to.  Yep, I think they're finally kicking me out of Verona.  I love it hear and I love the members.  To me, Verona is missionary work...because that's all that I've seen.  I'm excited to get out and explore another city!  Gotta go!  Love you all!  Ciao!


-Anziano Cody Petterborg

I wanted to add to this email something that Cody shared with me about serving in the Archives in Verona. I will also add a few more photos.  Sandi
Well I'm a little nervous to leave Verona, but also really excited and relieved.  I think I'm mentally tired and bored of this place.  I have the whole city basically memorized haha...that's kind of cool to say.  The weather has been up and down.  We haven't had any snow yet, but it has been raining a lot and occasionally it gets windy.  Today looks like a nice day.  The sun is shining and stuff.
So I went to the archives to help the senior couples a couple of times this week.  It's really fun work.  We bring books down from their huge library on the sixth floor and clean them on the first floor.  We use a brush and just scrub all the dirt, mold, and pidgeon poop off of them.  Then the senior couples take pictures of the insides of the books that are filled with names and dates.  Then the pictures are uploaded to be indexed.  It's pretty cool!

It means:   "So.....nothing...like...I don't know"
View outside my apartment...very Italian!
Working at the Archives


The destroyed book!


Ready to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment