Friday, January 3, 2014

January 1, 2014

Buon anno!!!  Auguri!!
So I didn't have a chance to write last week. It was a really awesome Christmas though!  We woke up and made a huge breakfast and then we went and ate a huge lunch with a member!  I was so full!  Then I got to talk to my family on Skype!!!  That was so awesome!  And probably the best Christmas gift of this year!

As we were trying to keep ourselves busy on Christmas eve, we had an investigator fall through but we decided to pass by a less active. When we got to the house, she wasn't home but her husband was. He isn't a member but he let us in. We got to read with him Luke 2 and the story of the birth of Jesus. According to me, the miracle is that he actually let us in on Christmas eve where the rest of the world is going crazy.

Well I wish you all a happy new year!  I love you all and I guess I'll talk to you next week!  Ciao!

-Anziano Cody Petterborg

This is a small portion of my (Hannah's) letter that I received from Cody. I did put the translation just below it for you all to read! :) --

Okay so since I didn't get to speak any Italian to you on Christmas, maybe I'll write you my testimony in Italian...I guess you can translate it later.
Ahem...
Voglio portare la mia testimonianza che io so che questa chiesa è la chiesa di Gesù Cristo.  Quella scrittura che hai condiviso è la mia scrittura preferita!  Gesù è la pietra angolare! Se noi construiamo su di sè, nussun delle tempeste di Satana può farci cadere.  Quando abbiamo niente, dobbiamo ricordarci che ancora abbiamo Lui.  Il Libro di Mormon è la prova convincente che Cristo è il nostro Salvatore e soltanto mediante la sua Espiazione possiamo essere salvati.  Amo il vangelo e l'opportunità che mi ha dato di diventare una discepolo meglio.

Well there you have it...can't guarantee that it is 100% correct.

(I want to bear my testimony that I know that this church is the church of Jesus Christ. That scripture that you have shared is my favorite scripture! Jesus is the cornerstone! If we build on him, we gain no storms where Satan can make us fall. When we have nothing, we must remember that we still have Him. The Book of Mormon is convincing proof that Christ is our Savior and only through His Atonement we can be saved. I love the gospel and the opportunity it gave me to become a better disciple.)

No comments:

Post a Comment