Sunday, January 26, 2014

January 22, 2014


Ciao tutti!
What the?  January is almost over!  That was fast!
So last P Day we got up early to go to Siena.  It was pouring, but we rode to the train station anyway.  When we got there, we were soaked, so we decided not to go.  That was thought out well, no?  But no worries this week we went to Siena and it was awesome!  We went to the Duomo and Piazza del Campo where they do the big horse races.  It really is a pretty city. 
This past monday, we were making calls after lunch but our phone was acting really weird.  We couldn't call anybody without having problems talking to them.  While this was going on, one of our investigators was trying to call us like crazy, but we couldn't answer the phone to talk to her.  We headed outside and decided to worry about it later, but then I had a thought to go to that investigator's house that had been trying to get ahold of us.  So we went because we only had finding work planned for the afternoon.  When we showed up she said, "Oh che sorpresa! Avevo bisogno proprio di voi!"  She has been going through some tough times in her life right now and she asked us for a blessing.  We also shared with her some scriptures that we thought might lift her spirits.  I think it worked.  That same evening she came to our Family Home Evening and she seemed very relieved and even seemed to shine a little.
Get this.  So on sunday, the branch president called me into his office.  I'm going "What's happening?"  He tells me, "Don't worry, I've already talked to President Dibb and he knows what's going on."  I was like, "What in the world is going on?"  He said, "We would like to call you to be the Young Men's President of the Livorno Branch."  What do you think of that?  Crazy right?  I have the same calling as dad!  Cool right?  I am super excited to work with the young men a little.  It will be fun.  Anziano Scott is my first counsiler...my only counsiler.  It will be fun.
So my mission president just called me and it sounds like we get to work in Pisa for a few weeks while we are waiting for a few repairs on our apartment.  We still get to work in Livorno.  This will be an adventure.
Well gotta be on my way!  Love you all so much!  Thank you so much for everything you do!  Keep the faith and fight the good fight!  Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment