Tuesday, October 21, 2014

September 24, 2014

Ciao tutti!
Come state?  Everything is still great in Trieste.  I picked up Anziano Santiago on thursday and we are doing great work!  We are already seeing lots of greenie miracles.

The other day, just as we had got on a bus, we heard some kids talking about how they thought we were "Testimoni di Geova".  We quickly corrected them and explained who we were.  One of the boys told us that he used to say prayers but he doesn't go to church.  We explained that we bring a book that is another testiment of Jesus Christ.  He told us that his mom would be interested and he gave us her address.  As this was going on, another woman started talking to my companion and he invited her to English class.  Then another woman started looking at my name tag and I asked if she knew who we were.  I left her with a pass along card and also invited her to English class.  I was super happy afterwards because bus finding is something that I have really been working on.

A spiritual thought that stood out to me this week was about self efficience.  Not in the sense of gathering and storing food.  But in the sense of happiness.  I am fully convinced that in life one of the greatest lessons we need to learn in this life is how to be happy.  We have an eternity to live and we will be eternally happy if we make the right choices in this life.  But I think that in order to be eternally happy, we have to learn in this life to pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off when we fall. We all face hard times in this life and they make us sad sometimes, but it's important to remember to be grateful, to know that we are children of a loving Heavenly Father, and that our good choices will bring us a lasting happiness in the future.

Love you all!  Have a good week!

-Anziano Cody Petterborg



No comments:

Post a Comment