Tuesday, December 23, 2014

November 20, 2014

Ciao tutti!

Still working hard in Trieste!  We have a few great things happening in the next couple of weeks!  Sunday, our Nigerian investigators are getting baptized, monday Matteo and Alice are getting married, then Matteo is getting baptized on the 6th of December!!  Fun stuff!
So you may have noticed that my email arrived on thursday rather than on wednesday.  Well that's because yesterday, we had a multi-zone conference in Verona with Elder Fingerle of the seventy!!  He gave us lots of great council and trained us in several different areas.  It was a great conference!!

One of the things that Elder Fingerle talked about was improving in every field by 1% in order to hasten the work of salvation and he made a comparison to an English cyclist team that one the Tour de France a couple of years ago.  I had a memory pop into my head as he was talking to us.  When I was in high school and trying out for the soccer team, I remember my dad telling me, "When the coach tells you to jump..." And then I interrupted him, thinking I knew the answer, "I ask how high" And then my kind, gentle, and wise father said, "You ask him that on the way up".  All of us at some point or another have been called by the Lord to fulfill an assignment and we obeyed.  But do we ask "the coach" how high he wants us to go?  Only He can tell us how high, how far, in what way and where we need to carry it out.  I invite you all to ask our Heavenly Father where you can improve and how you can carry out your individual assignments better this week.

This week, one of our investigators that will be baptized on sunday, told me, "I wanted to bear my testimony in [family home evening] but I was scared." After I told him he should share the good feelings he had he told me that since he met the church, his life has been changed. He told me that since he has been coming to church on sunday and the various activities his faith in Jesus Christ has been stregthened a lot and that he never wants to leave.
Well I love you all!  Ciao!
-Anziano Cody Petterborg

No comments:

Post a Comment