Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sorry guys, we are just trying to get this blog started. So for now, (until we get it going), it may be a little mixed up.

So to start off here is Cody's very first email that he sent during his first week at the MTC.

Wednesday; May 8, 2013:

Hey Family and Friends!
 
I can't believe I've been in the MTC for a week! Days go pretty slow and it feels like I've been here for months! But it hasn't been a bad thing, after the first couple of days, things started to feel a little more comfortable.  My first day, I was taken straight to my classroom and I met my teacher.  He wouldn't speak English to us and it freaked me out!  A week later I can understand a little better, but Italian is going to be a challenge for sure.  My second day here, me and my companion were given an investigator who also spoke no English.  It has been so hard to communicate with her but it has been a good experience.  My companion and I burn off the calories we consume in the cafeteria by acting out our lessons.  When we do attempt to speak Italian, we don't make much sense.  I'm pretty sure we told her that Joseph Smith prayed and saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in a treehouse.  When we wanted to teach her how to pray, my companion accidentally asked her if we could teach her how to fly.  But we really have made some progress.  It makes me feel so good when she says, "Capito" which means she understands.  I spend a lot of time in class; usually about 6 hours everyday.  It's kinda tough but I feel like I'm learning a lot.  The Spirit is everywhere here at the MTC.  It's in every classroom and every conversation and that has been a great experience in itself.  My favorite experience, however, occured just yesterday.  One of the sorelle (sisters) from our district had an allergic reaction to something she ate.  She ended up in the emergency room at 2 in the morning with a nasty rash.  The doctor put her on an IV for a bit and sent her back with some medications.  All morning yesterday she was throwing up.  She went to talk to the medical people here at the MTC and they decided that she was assigned too high of a dose and it was making her very sick.  The sorelle in our district thought it would be a good idea if she had a blessing and they asked me and my companion to do it.  Neither one of us has had much experience, but my companion anointed the oil and I sealed and gave the blessing.  I'd never given a blessing to someone who was sick, especially not on the spot.  But it was so cool!  That very afternoon she came to class and she looked great!  She said she felt better too!  Heavenly Father is a God of miracles.  My companion's name is Anziano Baker.  He's from St. George and he's a pretty cool guy.  We're both a little quieter than everybody else but we are getting along good.  He was telling me the other day that none of his family is active in the church.  He's the only one!  That would be so hard for me and I am grateful for parents who raised me in the Gospel.  He had never received a blessing of any kind, let alone given one.  I just though that was very cool that he could step up and do that and he is great example to me.  I'm grateful for a father who is worthy of his Priesthood and was able to bless his family as often as we needed.  There are many in my district who came from much rougher circumstances than I did.  I have learned a lot from each and every one of them.  I have one Anziano and one Sorella who are recent converts to the church and that is amazing to me.  Well I better get back to work!  If you want to email me individually my email is cody.petterborg@myldsmail.net.  Love you all!
 
-Anziano Petterborg

No comments:

Post a Comment