Sunday, October 13, 2013

September 25, 2013

Ciao tutti!

Well another week come and gone!  I'm half way done with my third transfer already! That's pretty crazy!  

So I already mentioned last week's P Day.  And I'm actually writing this email at the beginning of this weeks P Day, so I don't have anything awesome to report yet.

This week's miracle!  Several weeks ago, the church received a letter requesting a Book of Mormon. It was from a man living in San Bonifacio, which is about a 20 minute train ride away from Verona. The other day, my companion and I decided to go and try to find this man. We went to the train station after lunch. When we got there, we felt weird. Something wasn't right about buying the ticket to San Bonifacio. So we decided to do something else for a bit and come back for the next train. We went and did some finding work nearby that we had actually planned the night before. We came back to the train station and felt good about it this time. We got to San Bonifacio and found that there was some sort of big festival going on. We didn't know where to find the address that he had included in his letter and nobody we talked to was from San Bonifacio! We asked several people where this address was and finally decided to ask some old men. Old men know everything. They were able to point us in the right direction. We got to the address. The next worry that I had was that this man wouldn't be home. As Anziano Burton rang the citofono, I saw a man pull into a garage down the street on a scooter. He was looking at us. A second later, we walked out of the garage and walked up to us. He asked us if who we were looking for. We showed him the letter and he told us that it was his handwriting. He even showed us some ID to verify that really was him haha. So we gave him the Book of Mormon but he said that he didn't have time for us to explain it. We left him with our number and said he could call us if he had any questions. It's pretty incredible how the spirit was able to tell us to wait. I'm glad we listened because it seems as though everything that happened to us put us in the perfect spot at the perfect time.

Well I had an interview this past week with President Dibb.  He has challenged my companion and I to teach 21 lessons this week!  The highest amount of lessons I have ever taught was 14.  It's definitely going to be a challenge, but we're going to give it a try!

Well gotta get back to work!  Love you all! Ciao!

-Anziano Cody Petterborg


No comments:

Post a Comment